There are a number of sites about Birth Control Online which can give you information about various methods of Birth Control and its effects on you and your body. You may just decide that the Birth Control Pill is the method of choice for you to prevent unwanted pregnancy. You may prefer the Birth Control Pill as it leaves you in control of your body. You decide when you want to become pregnant. There are 20 million women in the USA alone on birth control pills.
There are two types of Birth Control Pills:
- The combination Pill, which combines estrogen and progesterone
- The progesterone only pill
Contraceptive pills are manufactured from synthetic hormones. Oral contraceptive pills are also referred to as just “the pill.” Women around the world have come to rely on the pill to prevent unwanted pregnancy. You may have been prescribed the pill by your doctor for various other health reasons; regulation of your irregular periods is just one example.
Do Birth Control Pills have any Side Effects?
Any form of medication can have some side effect. Side effects may be more or less according to your body condition. Let’s examine some of the side effects of Birth Control Pills:
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal discharge
- Weight gain
- Missing a period
- Some spotting between periods
- A missed period, or light period
- Mood swings
- Problem when using contact lens
- Disinterest in sex
You may want to talk to your doctor about any of the above if you find any of these disturb your lifestyle. The most worrying concern for any women is the effect of weight gain when on the pill. But do you really put on weight when you start Birth Control Pills? According to the research there is no reason women should put on more than a pound in a whole year of the pill use. It’s not an excuse to put on 20-30 pounds. You can find plenty of studies about the side effects of medication for Birth Control Online.
How can you counter the effects of weight gain?
You can counter the effects of weight gain by a controlled regime of diet and exercise. Be aware of the effects and decide how you will control weight gain. Here we give you some hints on how you can help yourself:
- A healthy diet to keep you from gaining weight, reduce carbohydrates and sugars.
- Get plenty of exercise, which is good for you on the long run anyway.
- Salt and water retention can cause weight gain, so switching to a lower dose estrogen pill may help.
- Progestin makes some women hungrier, so you may want to avoid a progestin-only pill.
- Talk to your doctor about switching to a different birth control pill which may be right for you.
How can you change your diet to reduce the effect of weight gain?
There are plenty of ways to get your metabolism going. Eating a healthy breakfast is a good start. Eat nutrient rich foods, like fresh vegetables, fruits and lean proteins. Look for countering the effects of Birth Control Online to get more ideas. Here we list a few ways you can change your diet:
- Fresh vegetables may require planning to prepare, but the gains far outweigh the extra effort. They have fiber, vitamins and nutrients. Prepare vegetables the right way to gain the maximum benefits from them. Remember that you should not overcook them and also try not to add too much water and end up straining the nutrients out with the excess water.
- Fresh fruits have vitamins and micro nutrients to counter the effects of your Birth Control pills also. Your intestines, liver and kidneys will thank you for helping them to detoxify the effects of medication.
- Lean meat like fish and a limited quantity of chicken provides your body with the right amount of protein to help build muscle that will keep away fat deposits.
- Avoid fast foods, oily, deep fried food, sweets and carbonated drinks. Your skin and body will thank you for this. Avoid extra calories and counter any side effect of weight gain from your Birth Control pills.
There are a lot of birth control methods out there and you can find one that suits you and your body. If you are shy about talking to people close to you, try looking for Birth Control Online, there is plenty of information on reputed sites – https://mybirthcontrolonline.com/how-to-choose-the-best-birth-control-pills-for-yourself.html. You will find many women have shared their experiences about Birth Control Pills and diet.