The trauma and the miracle of childbirth are over and your baby is in your hands. You are busy day and night, feeding, changing diapers and trying to get enough sleep! The last thing on your mind is sex. Most doctors recommend abstaining from sex till the first postpartum checkup after 4-6 weeks. Though you may not get a period till much later, it’s always best to decide on a contraceptive method as soon as possible after a baby. You can learn about Birth Control Online too before you make an informed decision. Our article: “Importance of Birth Control after a Successful Pregnancy“.
What are the contraceptive methods available after childbearing?
There are many options available to you after childbirth. You can find a lot of information about Birth Control Online too. Here we list a few of the methods available:
- Birth control pills
- Depo-Provera injections
- Tubal litigation for a permanent solution to birth control
- Male vasectomy of the permanent partner
How soon can you get pregnant again?
You should use precautionary birth control from two weeks after childbirth. You will ovulate two weeks before your period. So you may not even be aware that ovulation has started. Some women have started their period within 45 days of giving birth. Women have been known to be fertile even in that short period. Discuss contraceptive methods with your doctor even before the birth of your baby to avoid getting pregnant again immediately after childbirth. Breast feeding does not always guarantee that you will not get pregnant immediately. Birth control pills are one option for you, though they should be used only with the guidance of a doctor. Estrogen in Birth control pills may affect the quality and supply of breast milk. Estrogen is also known to enter breast milk though its effect on babies is not fully understood.
What are the steps you should follow while going back to a birth control method?
- Do some reading about birth control on your own before you visit your doctor; there is a lot of accurate information available about Birth Control Online.
- Talk to your doctor about your birth control options.
- If you are breastfeeding, mention that to your doctor. Doctors will probably advise you to start the pill only after 4 weeks postpartum. She will probably recommend a progestin birth control pill if you are breastfeeding.
- Make sure you are not pregnant before starting the pill as it may affect the development of a fetus.
- Take the progestin pill at the same time every day for it to be effective.
After childbearing, you are so busy with your baby that it may not be convenient to run out to the store to buy your birth control pills. You may find it more convenient to order medication for Birth Control Online than buying them at a pharmacy. But remember that it is always important to have a doctor evaluate you before you buy pills online. The online pharmacy does not know whether you suffer from a disease that is contraindicated for birth control pills for you. You should also go to a doctor if you have a prescription that has expired. The doctor must re-examine you and decide whether your health status is the same as before and can continue with the same birth control pills or need to switch to some other form. If your doctor does prescribe the birth control pills then you can consider the convenience of buying the medication online.
There are certain conditions when you should not take birth control pills. You should be aware of the conditions before you decide to order pills for Birth Control Online without a prescription. You should not take birth control pills if:
- If you are overweight (learn more about diet and birth control pills)
- You are over 35 years of age
- If you have blood circulation problems
- Have heart disease
- Have or had breast cancer
- Any abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Are pregnant
- Have liver disease or tumor
- Use of certain medication and some antibiotics can reduce the effect of the birth control pills.
If you have any of the above conditions, you should not order pills for Birth Control Online without a prescription. You should see a doctor who will evaluate the state of your health before recommending a birth control method. If your doctor does prescribe you birth control pills then you can consider the convenience of buying birth control pills online at your convenience after childbirth.