Yaz is another kind of contraceptive birth control online pill that is manufactured using a combination of ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone.
The composition of both ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone when taken, works to cause changes the uterine and cervical lining structure. This makes it hard for the sperm to reach the uterus, as a result of which, even the fertilized eggs are not able to get attached to the uterus.
Apart from prevention of unwanted pregnancy, there are other benefits to using Yaz birth control online pills for treatment. Some of these are –
- Treatment of menstrual cycle disorder
- Lack of energy
- Breast tenderness
- Weight gain
However, there are times when using the birth control pill should be accompanied with following some precautions. One such time is during periods of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Why Take Precaution When Consuming Yaz during Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- There are no dangerous side-effects that one needs to worry about. However, it is believed that the hormones present inside a Yaz tablet may be passed down in low amounts to the child through the breast milk.
- It can be harmful to a baby because hormones like drospirenone is said to work against other male hormones and the testosterone. There have been certain reports that claimed of problems like breast enlargement and jaundice affecting babies, whose mothers have taken birth control online pills during breast feeding.
- Another more important point of concern is that, combination contraceptive pills like YAZ can also result in decrease in the quality and production of the breast milk.
- However, this is just based on a general belief and no proper research has been done yet to support it.
- That is why, all would-be mothers are recommended to consult with their doctors first before taking in any kind of contraceptive pills. Doctors may prescribe for you pills of different nature and composition in that case. In most cases, patients are prescribed progestin-only contraceptive pills during the time period of pregnancy and breast feeding.
- However, progestin-only contraceptive pills are less effective compared to combination contraceptive pills like Yaz.
- Besides, a healthcare provider has to take into consideration several other health factors before prescribing any medicine.
- Incase if you have missed out two menstrual periods in a row and suspect of becoming pregnant, then stop taking Yaz and report about this to the doctor. Wait for a minimum period of four weeks if you recently had a baby, before taking in any contraceptive pill.
It is also important to note down that contraceptive pills must be taken under proper instructions.
Methods of Taking the Yaz Birth Control Pill
- Follow the directions as prescribed on the package label
- Do not take the dosage in large or small quantity. Take only the amount that has been prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take the medicine on the first day when your period begins.
- Take one birth control pill every day and at the same time. Follow the routine.
- If you run out of the pills, start with a new pack again.
- It is better to get your prescription refilled before you completely run out of the medicines. This will help you to avoid any kind of breakthrough bleeding.
- If you are faced with sudden breakthrough bleeding during the first three months, then report this to the doctor immediately.
- Keep a back-up birth control like spermicides or condoms incase if you fall sick with diarrhea and vomiting.
- Stop taking Yaz for a short period of time incase if you need to undergo a medical test, surgery or bed rest.
- Store the medicine at a room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- Also, you might want to consider paying regular visits to the doctor when you are taking the contraceptive tablets.
Important Information Related to Yaz Consumption Dosage
Adult Dosage Information for Contraception
- You should take one birth control pill every day.
- Begin taking a pill either on the first day of your menstrual period or on the first Sunday after the onset period of your menstruation.
- Your subsequent regimens should follow the same pattern as your first regimen.
Adult Dosage Information for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Take one tablet orally every day.
- Begin taking the pill either on the first day of your menstrual cycle or on the first Sunday after the onset of your menstrual cycle.
- Follow the same regimen in all your upcoming treatment routine