Among the birth control online medications that are approved of when it comes to pregnancy prevention, there are Yasmin pills. It consists of 2 hormones:Ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone, and they work together to prevent unwanted pregnancy through various mechanisms. Yasmin effectiveness is 98 to 99% pregnancy preventing rate if used as prescribed. Its routine is 21 days of medication, then 7 days of nonactive medication.
The best time to take Yasmin is at bedtime or during the evening. It suppresses the hormones that are responsible for promoting pregnancy, prevents the ovulation occurring, which enables the womb to prevent sperm entry and changes the cervical lining composition in order to stop the egg implantation. However, preventing the unwanted pregnancy is not the only good thing about Yasmin, there are several pros and cons of Yasmin birth control.
Among the benefits that the Yasmin pills offer, many of them are healthy ones, and they are:
- Menstrual Period: The body gets used to a routine of 28 Yasmin pills per month, so it keeps the level of hormones in each menstrual period. Later, Yasmin organizes the menstrual cycle, which makes its prediction better. Besides, Yasmin hinders the pain and discomfort caused by the period. And it reduces the amount of the lost blood while decreasing the duration of the period.
- Reduces the incidence of the illness ‘anemia’: This birth control online method decreases the chance of getting anemia, which may happen due to the lack of iron supply in the human body. Knowing that iron is provided by the red cells of the blood, and that Yasmin reduces blood loss, we find that the iron level will be maintained, and so anemia is less likely to occur.
- Reduces the possibility of getting cancer: using Yasmin for long-term decreases the incidences of ovary cancer and the uterus lining one. On the other hand, being a birth control online hormone-based pill, it doesn’t help with liver and cervical cancer. Concerning breath cancer, the effect of pills is not certain yet.
- Ovarian Health: Yasmin’s effect prevents ovulation, which means it is less likely to have an egg that is implanted out of the uterus, which is known as the ectopic pregnancy. This disease is fatal to mothers because it can lead to internal bleeding. Moreover, Yasmin reduces the chance of cyst formation inside the ovaries, so it is good for the ovarian health.
- Breast Health: If taken for long-term, Yasmin promotes the breasts’ health by preventing some diseases that are not cancer like lumps and cysts. It also reduces the menstrual breast discomfort.
- Pelvic Health: Yasmin hinders the chance of having pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID), which is a lethal illness that happens in the case of the spread of an infection from the cervix and vagina to the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus. If the PID is left untreated, it may even lead to the destruction of the organs responsible for reproduction, and cause infertility.
No doubt Yasmin has benefits to your health, but as a birth control online, it has some side effects and risks (watch video).
Cons of Yasmin
If you are planning to use Yasmin, you might want to consider the side effects that Yasmin users would want to know first:
- PMS-like symptoms:It is true that Yasmin can decrease PMS symptoms, but it may also increase it, according to the woman. These symptoms can be:nausea, breast pain, mood changes, abdominal pain, and headache.
- Blood clots: A lot of birth control online pills can increase your chance of getting blood clots, as well as some lethal diseases like the deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolisms. Research shows that people who take pills suffer more from blood clots than people who don’t – https://mybirthcontrolonline.com/challenges-associated-with-yaz-and-yasmin-birth-control-pills.html.
- Depression: People who suffered from depression before may get it again when using Yasmin, and they have to consult their doctor before using it.
- Skin changes: Yasmin can lead to skin changes like blotchy, dark spots or skin eruption.
The pros and cons of Yasmin birth control can be found in other birth control online methods as well, ranging from condoms to pills or other contraceptives. With that being said, the risks are higher for smoking women, and ones with high blood pressure. High cholesterol, or diabetes. In addition, This kind of pills is not recommended for women with renal or liver issues, blood clots, heart disorder, pregnant women, the ones who have breast cancer, or strokes. Yasmin may react to some medications as well. All in all, consulting your doctor is advisable before using Yasmin, to ensure the best effect and avoid issues.