Yasmin is a drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol combination birth control online pill that many women take to avoid from becoming pregnant.
How Yasmin Pills Work to Prevent Pregnancy
- When consumed, the birth control pill causes change to cervical and uterine lining.
- It thickens the cervix mucus, thus changing the lining of the uterus.
- This prevents the sperm from reaching the uterus, thus making it difficult for the fertilized egg to get attached to the uterus.
When used properly, the tablet can be 99 percent effective in birth control.
There are other good benefits of using Yasmin. However, there still lurks a doubt among some people who are concerned as to whether the medicine can also be risky for health. Like for example – does Yasmin result in any kind of birth defects?
The views in this case are varied and differ from person to person. When taken in consideration, both the sides of opinion, this is what some had to say about using Yasmin as a contraceptive pill:
- Yasmin was totally safe and many using it have reported to conceive perfectly healthy baby. There was some section of people who admitted to using it for the treatment of mensuration cycle.
- On the other hand, some categorized the birth control pill under the Pregnancy Category X, according to which the tablet is said to carry some warning.
Studies have shown signs of fetal abnormalities in animals and humans. According to observations and research, the tablet composition can also have an adverse effect on a human body.
These are some of the few mentioned concerns that many people tend to have when it comes to understanding the effect of a birth control online pill on a growing fetus. But the other general question that rises out of this concern is how long must one wait after coming off a pill before trying to conceive.
Coming off a Contraceptive Pill before Conceiving
- Coming off a birth control pill for a few months is enough before you start trying to conceive. However, this does not rule out that you cannot become pregnant right after coming out of a pill. Consumption of the pill is absolutely safe and it’s a common misconception that the pill can lead to serious pregnancy risks like miscarriage.
- There is a possibility that routine consumption of the birth control pill might have caused a change in the cycle. As a result, the hormone might take some time in order to get back on track. Waiting until the cycle gets back on track can result in the accurate establishment of data. However, there is nothing to worry about if you suddenly find out that you have become pregnant before your period has become regular. In such a case, you can date your pregnancy, by getting an early sonogram done.
- It might take you a while to restart a normal period cycle though, incase if you have been taking contraceptive pills for many years. But do complete a full course, for discontinuing the routine can cause mid-bleeding.
- After quitting the birth control pill, you will find some time in order to check how far you are from getting a natural menstrual cycle. You might begin ovulating right after you quit consumption of contraceptive pills. If the period does not start right away, then there are chances that you could be facing symptoms of post-pill amenorrhea. Meaning – the chemical composition of the pill is preventing the body from producing any kind of hormones that is responsible for your menstruation and ovulation.
- The body tries to return to its normal cycle once you stop taking the pill. If your period is still back after a period of three months, then make sure that you go for a pregnancy test. You can also make an appointment with the doctor but this is just as a precaution.
- If you already had regular periods before you took the birth control pill, then it will resume back to normal within a period of six months. On the other hand, if you already had an irregular cycle, then this can indicate Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Apart from this, other factors that could be affecting the menstruation are – excessive weight, stress, bad health and rigorous exercise.
Do you want to know more about your period: http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/womens-health/g2273/things-you-didnt-know-about-your-period/.
It’s safe to become pregnant right after ovulation resumes. Make sure that you follow a healthy and nutritious diet in order to boost up your chances of getting pregnant quickly. Besides, there is nothing to worry about incase if you have become pregnant while you are on your routine course. Birth defects caused due to oral contraceptive pills are virtually non-existent.